Our client is transforming itself to meet changing customer expectations and be competitive in a rapidly changing industry. They have ambitious goals to grow our digital B2B direct sales business. The IT and Digital Engineering teams are developing strategies to increase agility and business value. The Corporate Services IT team develops, manages and supports the technology used by the Finance, HR, Legal and Communications teams. This team will manage solutions including Oracle Fusion Finance through an ERP/Centre of Excellence team; Oracle HCM; Oracle expense management and around 100 other IT systems and services.
The role as Oracle Cloud Financials Consultant is to develop a deep business understanding of the financial process areas and included modules to ensure the Oracle ERP/Financial solution optimally serves the business. The main stakeholder is the business and you will work closely with the Business Process Owners (BPOs), Business Process Experts (BPEs) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to prioritize support. You will define and provide hands-on advise to the business to support the required changes, and align with other process areas to ensure that up/down stream and cross modular impact is considered and well-managed.
– Provide effective Oracle ERP Finance/SCM consultancy and support with a broader conceptual knowledge of financial accounting processes;
– Be the development lead with particular focus on Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, General Ledger, Order Management and Purchasing Oracle processes, while at the same time supporting the overall P2P, O2C and R2R end to end processes;
– Participate, advise and/or lead in business change/continuous improvement initiatives, ensuring that solutions are designed to prevent recurring issues (be sustainable) and engage the right stakeholders to drive through identified improvement initiatives;
– Responsible for translating business requirements into Oracle (re)configurations and adjustments by working with BPOs and BPEs to determine business requirements that need to be aligned to the system, and aligning with other process areas to ensure that up and downstream and cross-modular impact is considered;
– Understand and support the APRO banking and imaging cloud based solution (invoice scanning and payment runs and bank statements and customer payments);
– Assist the Service Delivery Manager by establishing effective support processes between APRO, Oracle and Centre of Excellence team
– Maintain business processes in the assigned Oracle modules; related interfaces and mappings to EPM;
– Work with various stakeholders to identify service issues that impact the Oracle processes, escalate as appropriate and work with support teams through to resolution by providing 2nd line process support for the business, and escalating to 3rd and 4th line (third party support), when required;
– Responsible for ensuring all development, configuration and change activities are tracked through Jira Software,
– Responsible for ensuring all incident support work is consistently tracked through Jira ServiceDesk;
– Manage the quality of information captured in the tickets by coaching and educating the Super User community and wider user base of the Oracle system;
– Responsible for logging service requests with Oracle and working with other members of the Centre of Excellence team and support groups for 3rd line support;
– Assist the Service Delivery Manager by providing support for major incidents, contributing towards root cause analysis, ensuring gaps and vulnerabilities are identified and tracked so that closure and agreed follow-ups actions are managed to completion;
– Support the Oracle Product Owner and work with the Oracle Technical team in planning new patches/releases, and maintaining environments (DEV, TEST, PROD);
– Work with the Oracle Product Owner and Oracle Technical team to analyse and test new functionality for Oracle ERP/SCM/OIC/EPM and APRO, performing regression tests and integrations, provide advice regarding the potential impact (risks and benefits) of deploying it and make recommendations to the business on how to proceed;
– Drive service excellence and internal customer satisfaction by managing expectations via the Super User Community and continually refining the Centre of Excellence support processes to improve quality and efficiency;
– Collaborate with the Service Delivery Manager to develop and manage policies and procedures, outlining how issues are identified, documented, assigned and corrected, ensuring they are stored and easily referenced, specifically;
– Incident and Service Request Management process;
– Change Management process (particularly for patch updates/revision upgrades and enhancements);
– Problem Management Process (outlining how problems are identified and corrected, ensuring they are stored and easily referenced in the knowledge database (KDB) and known error database (KEDB);
– Reporting Framework eg performance and exceptions;
– Responsible for maintaining the Oracle process flows, configuration and supporting documentation and ensuring they are stored in the document repository (SharePoint via MS Teams);
– To run standard Oracle audit reports and initiates action regarding assigned modules and process areas;
– To log all ERP/Financial technology/process risks in the Risk Register and help to identify and apply mitigating actions to reduce the risk (probability and impact).
What do you need to be successful in this role
Experience of working with Oracle Cloud Financials;
Experience of working with cloud hosted services (PaaS, SaaS);
Must have at least 3 years’ experience supporting Oracle processes in an international (pan European) organization;
Strong awareness of ERP/Finance processes, applications and integration technologies;
Experienced in a consulting approach to supporting an ERP system in a complex IT landscape;
Has a thorough understanding of the business processes, the practices of the business and how the assigned Oracle modules support this;
Has the ability to take a holistic view of up/down stream processes within and outside the assigned process area;
Can understand the potential impact of how changes in one process/module may impact on other processes and modules;
Is able to manage small, medium and bigger Oracle/software changes;
Has the ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience (strong verbal & written communications skills);
Excellent knowledge of English, spoken and written. Other language skills such as: German and/or Dutch, would be a distinct advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.